..exactly what the title says.
- Huey Lewis and the News: Power of Love (from Back to the Future)
..because fifteen years later I still have a crush on Marty McFly
- Roxette: It Must’ve Been Love (from Pretty Woman)
..because Richard Gere climbing a fire escape with a rose in his mouth is one of the best scenes in the romance movies history.
- Bill Medley & Jennifer Garnes: (I’ve had the) Time of my Life (from Dirty Dancing)
..because nobody puts Baby in the corner.
- The Beatles: Twist and Shout (from Ferris Bueller’s Day Off)
..because Ferris dancing and singing in the middle of Chicago and getting away with it is so unbelievable, it’s good!
- Yann Tiersen: Comptine d’un Autre Été, L’Après-Midi (from Amélie)
..because that scene where she imagines him in her apartment and cries while baking a cake is just heartbreaking.
- Phoenix: Too Young (from Lost in Translation)
..because sometimes being too young really isn’t as bad as it seems.
- Skip James: Devil Got My Woman (from Ghost World)
..because, as Enid puts it: “yeah, the whole record was good. But that one song, Devil Got My Woman.. I just kept playing it over and over.”
- Commuter: Young Hearts (from Karate Kid)
..because it’s so absolutely catchy!
- Sondre Lerche & Lillian Samdal: Modern Nature (from Dan in Real Life)
..because it makes you want to fall in love and get everything wrong and laugh about it twenty years later.
- All Saints: Pure Shores (from the Beach)